HP(website) Score: 32% Read full report
- Products include: computers, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, mobile phones
- Taken significant steps to investigate its supply chain by visiting select smelters, publishing lists of suppliers, and has progressive policy on internal and external audits
- Endorsed conflict minerals legislation; advocates for strong U.S. conflict minerals regulations
- Leader within the electronics industry group developing processes to trace and audit supply chains of 3Ts and gold
- HP can improve its score by auditing all suppliers, publishing all smelters, and helping develop a conflict minerals certification process.
Gold Star: Conflict-Free
These companies are industry leaders. They fully investigate their supply chains, exercise leadership in industry-wide efforts, and produce certified conflict-free products.
Yellow: Room for Improvement
(Score: 5 to 14%) These companies have taken some steps to investigate their supply chains, and are members of the industry-wide effort, but more action is required of them.
Green: On the Right Track
(Score: more than 15%) These companies have taken proactive action to trace, audit, and certify their supply chains and have exercised leadership in industry-wide efforts.
Red: Falling Behind
(Score: less than 5%) These companies have done next to nothing to shift their practices toward conflict-free. They are not members of the electronics industry association process, and have not engaged with other stakeholders.