Nokia(website) Score: 19% Read full report
- Products include: smartphones, cell phones, netbooks
- Investigated its 3T suppliers and visited two of its smelters
- Active participant within the electronics industry group developing processes to trace and audit supply chains of 3Ts and gold
- Required its principle suppliers to map their supply chains for the 3Ts and gold to the smelter, and ultimately to the mine of origin
- Nokia participated in an international summit on certification in Nairobi in October 2010
- Nokia can improve its score by further investigating its suppliers and publishing this information and helping develop a certification process for conflict minerals and effective U.S. regulations and lobbying for a European law on conflict minerals
Gold Star: Conflict-Free
These companies are industry leaders. They fully investigate their supply chains, exercise leadership in industry-wide efforts, and produce certified conflict-free products.
Yellow: Room for Improvement
(Score: 5 to 14%) These companies have taken some steps to investigate their supply chains, and are members of the industry-wide effort, but more action is required of them.
Green: On the Right Track
(Score: more than 15%) These companies have taken proactive action to trace, audit, and certify their supply chains and have exercised leadership in industry-wide efforts.
Red: Falling Behind
(Score: less than 5%) These companies have done next to nothing to shift their practices toward conflict-free. They are not members of the electronics industry association process, and have not engaged with other stakeholders.